2016-10-25

Super Moist Banana Bread

Okay, I gotta be honest here, I've been on a perfectly moist banana bread quest for the past 3 years. redoing it over and over again to achieve that dense and moist yet perfectly soft banana bread. I tried using and comparing both butter and margarine and I even went on great lengths of substituting butter with oil and with all the struggle, I finally came up with this fail-proof recipe. I know I will always be vigilant for a better tasting classic banana bread, and I would still be on my quest of improving this but I gotta say, this is the best and super moist banana bread I had...yet! Oh, and by the way, if for some reason you have some left overs (which I highly doubt), or maybe you wanna make it a day in advance for some potluck or something, I have good news, this loaf of goodness tastes better the next day! Goodluck and happy baking! :)






Super Moist Banana Bread



INGREDIENTS:

3 over ripe bananas
2 cups wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup margarine 
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 eggs
1 tsp lemon juice

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 325°F
2. Mash bananas in a bowl and stir in lemon juice and set aside.
3. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and set aside.
4. Using a whisk, cream margarine, sugar, and eggs, then add the buttermilk and vanilla extract.
5. Add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients.
6. Fold in the mashed bananas then pour batter into a baking sheet-lined loaf pan then bake for 1          hour and 15 minutes.
7. Transfer on a cooling rack and let cool before slicing, ENJOY!

NOTES:
*If buttermilk is not available, this might help you out: buttermilk substitute
*margarine can be substituted with same amount of butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment